Summer is right around the corner! School is almost out and my oldest daughter is graduating from Preschool this year which means a Graduation Party and Kindergarten in the fall. I can’t believe how the time flies. My youngest is starting preschool in the fall too, but for now, the bliss of summer! Time slows down a little in the summer; the hustle and bustle of the school year is just a memory. And then about halfway through…the summer loses its luster a little and the “I’m bored” comments begin. This year, I found a few ideas to keep my girls busy and engaged through the summer.
Summer Reading Program with the Library
Each year the library offers a special Summer of Learning program with fun themes and free programs all summer long! Check out the Seattle Public Library’s website for more information!
Summer Camps are a great way for kids to keep engaged and busy with something they’re interested in. We signed up for 2 summer camps this summer, one for each summer month. With so many options for themes and activities, it’s easy to find a great option for every child. Blossoming Buds Cottage and Blossoming Buds Preschool both have summer camps with cool themes this year!
Summer time Bingo
Create a bingo board of fun activities to do during the summer. Then check them off as you go. Some fun ideas could be:
- Make an outdoor Chalkboard
- Make your own puppets then have a puppet show
- Nature scavenger hunt
- Make a homemade treat and deliver it to friends or neighbors within walking distance
- Have a water balloon battle
- Go on a nature walk at the Arboretum
- Have a picnic lunch in the park or in your backyard
- visit a local museum
- Tugboat Story Time! For more info on this, check out our blog “Spring has Sprung! Indoor/Outdoor Adventures with the Kiddos!”
- Make a birdhouse and bird feeder
I’d love to hear about how you keep your kids busy during the summer!
To learn more about one of Seattle’s best preschools and drop-off childcare programs visit www.blossomingbudspreschool.com and www.blossomingbudscottage.com.