Summer is almost here, which means it is time to start planning for summer camp! And choosing the right summer camp for your kids can be a task. As the owner of Seattle's Blossoming Bud's Preschool and Cottage I understand the importance of choosing the right summer camp for your kids. Here are 5 tips for ensuring your little one has summer to remember.
1) Age appropriate. If the camp is age-integrated, which most of them are, make sure there are activities that are appropriate for all age ranges.
2) Activity, activity, activity. Here in Seattle summer is a sacred time and outdoor activity is a must! For example, if your child is into horses find a camp that focuses on outdoor activities involving horses and other animals.
3) Do your homework. Make sure to research not only the camp, but also the employees and facilities.
4) Element of learning. Even though it is summer camp it is important your child is stimulated to encourage continued education. The good camps incorporate fun with learning, and aren't just independent play all day long. Summer is all about enjoying the sunshine and doing a lot of hands-on activities.
5) Always have on hand. Make sure to always apply sunscreen in the morning before you send kids off to camp, and if they will be there all day make sure to put a tube in their backpack also. Consider putting a sun hat and a water bottle in your kiddos backpack, too.
Here are a list of some of Seattle's best summer camps:
Blossoming Buds Preschool: http://www.blossomingbudspreschool.com/ (under programs)
Woodland Park Zoo Camps: http://www.zoo.org/page.aspx?pid=1763#.UWHQr5PFW8w
Seattle Aquarium: http://www.seattleaquarium.org/camps-family-programs
To learn more about one of Seattle’s best preschools and drop-off childcare programs visit www.blossomingbudspreschool.com and www.blossomingbudscottage.com.