One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July! It brings out the kid in me. The fireworks, smell of the barbecue, food, family, and friends! I am always reminded when celebrating the Deceleration of Independence for our great country, to make sure the kids are safe because there are always avoidable incidences that I hear about every year. Here are 5 tips to make sure your 4th of July celebration is a safe one!
1) Leave the fireworks to the professionals! It is best to leave lighting of the fireworks for the professionals, as every year there are reports of severe burns and even death that could have been avoided.
2) If you must light off a few fireworks make sure to have no bare skin showing, light of fireworks away from buildings, never point fireworks at another person, and never try to relight a firework.
3) Have a first aid kit on hand, with bandaids, aloe vera and sunscreen.
4) Make sure food that is easily exposed to food born viruses, such as potato salad, pastas, and meats are kept at the appropriate temperatures.
5) Drink lots of water! Make sure the family is well hydrated throughout the day to avoid heatstroke!
Hope your 4th of July is a safe a pleasant one!
To learn more about one of Seattle's best preschools visit www.blossomingbudspreschool.com or one of Seattle's best drop-off childcare programs visit www.blossomingbudscottage.com.
Post a Comment