All these recipes are super easy as you can see and you can modify to your child's liking!
These peanut butter and jelly kabobs look so fun and pretty. Can't have peanut butter in your school? Swap out that and the jelly for some lunch meat and cheese and it's still healthy and fun!
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Land O’Frost oven-roasted turkey
- 2 pimento-stuffed green olives
- Mayonnaise or mustard (optional)
- Round cookie cutter
- Cut bread slices with the circle cookie cutter.
- Spread mayonnaise or mustard on the bread.
- With a knife, cut little triangles out of the edges of the cheese to resemble teeth.
- Lay the lunch meat on the bottom of the sandwich, followed by the cheese and top slice of bread.
- Insert toothpicks into the side of two green olives and stick into the top of the sandwich. Serve!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats gluten-free
- 1 cup peanut butter* smooth and slightly runny
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
Scoop 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time. Press mixture between your hands multiple times to get it to stick together. Roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
Repeat with remaining mixture.
Refrigerate healthy monster cookie bites for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Recipe Notes*You can heat peanut butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it a little easier to work with.
- Begin by preheating you oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your hot dogs into thin pieces (ours were about half inch each). Set aside.
- Roll out your crescent dough and press the seams together.
- Cut into 8 strips. Then cut lengthwise into 8 more strips. You should end up with 64 1.5 inch x .5 inch pieces.
- Wrap the hot dogs in the crescent pieces and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Serve warm. ENJOY!
They were so accommodating and I was truly impressed. It is such a comfortable environment. For a buffet, it was delicious food. Alcoholic beverages were also great. Overall, this event space is great, and my favorite venue in the city.ReplyDelete